We’re offering residents the opportunity to apply for a small grants of up to $250 to celebrate Neighbour Day.
Neighbour Day Grants are about helping communities to have local activities that turn our streets or parks into friendly neighbourhoods. We encourage you to think creatively and innovatively about ideas.
Ideas of the types of activities and projects that might be approved for a grant:
- A meet and greet BBQ at your local park or front yard.
- Create a neighbourhood group – think a neighbourhood watch or a local Facebook group.
- Picnic and games afternoon at a nearby park or reserve. Activities could include egg and spoon, sack or relay races are popular with families with young children.
- A clean-up in a local reserve, working bee, or giant garage sale to fund raise for a neighbourhood initiative (subject to approval).
- Launch a neighbourhood library to lend or share with others in your street like books, movies, soft toys, music, art and craft supplies.
- Trivia night (option of virtual meeting) learning about local places, parks and restaurants.
You’ll find more information about Neighbour Day, grant eligibility and key dates on our website or call Council on 9249 4862.
Grant applications open Monday 17 January and close Sunday 6 February 2022.