At the 21 February 2023 Council Meeting, Council noted Councillor appointments to Portfolios following the Mayoral election in November 2022. Council also appointed Councillor delegates to a range of committees.
Council has appointed Councillors to Portfolios for the period from 21 February 2023, until Council resolves otherwise, as follows:
- Resilient: 1 position – Mayor Councillor Bruce Lancashire.
- Connecting: 1 position – Councillor Sam David.
- Healthy: 1 position – Councillor Sarah Branton.
- Innovation: 1 position – Councillor Jasmine Nguyen.
- Liveable: 1 position – Councillor Maria Kerr.
- People: 1 position – Councillor Victoria Borg.
- Prosperous: 1 position – Councillor Jae Papalia.
- Proud: 1 position – Councillor Thuy Dang.
- Sustainable: 1 position – Councillor Thomas O’Reilly.
- Tourism: 1 position – Councillor Virginia Tachos.
- Vibrant: 1 position – Councillor Ranka Rasic.
The purpose of the Councillor Portfolio System is to complement and support Council’s briefing and formal decision-making structure.
A Portfolio is a grouping of ‘like’ activities aligned to the strategic objectives of the Council Plan 2021-2025 and sources agenda items from the Council Plan Action Plan.
For more information on the Councillor portfolio system click here.
Councillor delegates appointed to committees
Our Councillors serve on several committees. They include a joint delegated committee, advisory committees and external committees.
Council generally reviews appointments of Council delegates and representatives to committees on an annual basis, at the February Council Meeting.
For a full list of Councillor appointments to Committees click here.