Students will have the chance to produce and present their own radio show thanks to a dynamic initiative of Brimbank Council.
The Radio Education Week project involves students from nine primary and secondary schools broadcasting globally on BRIMBANK LIVE FM from Monday 21 November to Sunday 27 November.
BRIMBANK LIVE is a digital radio platform supporting young people to connect through media production
The students will showcase their own content and receive training in writing, hosting, communication skills as well as the production of radio shows and podcasts.
The featured schools will be rotated on the broadcast schedule throughout the week, giving the audience a range of fresh and exciting content across the airwaves. They will also promote their shows in their schools and communities.
Participating schools include:
- Catholic Regional College North Keilor
- Movelle Primary School
- St Albans East Primary School
- Sunshine College
- Sunshine Heights Primary School
- Hester Hornbrook Academy
- Taylors Lakes Secondary College
- Victoria University Secondary College
- St Peter’s Primary School South West Sunshine.
You can find out more and listen to the school broadcasts:
- directly from livefm.online/brimbank-live-radio-ed-week,or
- by downloading the LIVE FM phone or iPad app by visiting livefm.online and following the links to the App Store for iPhones or Google Play store for Androids.
This project is an initiative of Brimbank Council’s Neighbourhood House Unit which helps to create a vibrant, inclusive and connected community.