Celebrate World Environment Day by coming along to a planting day at the Stepping Stones, along the scenic Kororoit Creek, in Sunshine West, on 5 June.
The aim of the day is to expand the habitat for Brimbank’s wildlife by planting more than 1000 indigenous shrubs, wildflowers and grasses.
The day, held in partnership with Friends of Kororoit Creek, kicks off at 10am-1pm. It will also include family-friendly activities and a barbecue, all at no charge.
Registration is required and you can visit brimbank.vic.gov.au/events to learn more and register.
Can’t come along to the planting day? Here’s a few tips to do your bit for the environment:
- Don’t dump garden clippings near grasslands
- Use Council’s opt-in green waste collection service
- Keep your dog on a leash while walking through local reserves
- Join another planting day run throughout the year by groups like Friends of Kororoit Creek.
World Environment Day is celebrated by millions of people around the world annually on 5 June to encourage awareness and action for the protection of the environment.
* Brimbank Mayor, Cr Jasmine Nguyen is pictured at the Stepping Stones, in Sunshine West, with Friends of Kororoit Creek members (from left) Michelle, Junjira, Linda and Sarah.