Brimbank is hosting a series of events in October to celebrate seniors and carers in our community.
Carers Week is held from 16 to 22 October, with no cost or low cost events funded by the Victorian Government’s Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, including:
- The Upside movie at Sunshine Library on Friday 7 October
- Tour of the new Brimbank Aquatic and Wellness Centre with afternoon tea on Monday 17 October
- High tea with guest speaker Kate Jones from Two Peas in a Podcast on Wednesday 19 October
- June Again movie at Village Sunshine on Friday 21 October.
These events are an opportunity for social connections with other carers in Brimbank and to learn more about how to improve your health and wellbeing.
Carers must be registered with Brimbank City Council’s Support for Carers Program to attend these events.
Seniors Festival is celebrated across Victoria throughout the month of October, with events including:
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie at the Village Cinemas Sunshine on Thursday 6 October
- Tour of the new Brimbank Aquatic and Wellness Centre with afternoon tea on Monday 24 October
- Various other events around Brimbank including the Be Bold Festival and shows at The Bowery Theatre.
- Weekly learning program at Brimbank Libraries designed for seniors to reflect on approaches to wellbeing, support health and help overcome isolation.
For full events details and to book a place, check out Events in Brimbank
For arts and culture events visit Creative Brimbank
For the learning program visit Brimbank Libraries