Brimbank Council is committed to leading Melbourne’s west to reach zero net emissions by 2040.
The next step towards this ambitious target is the 100% Renewable Brimbank program. 100% Renewable Brimbank will help residents take steps towards a cleaner, greener, cooler and healthier environment.
The program kicks off on Saturday 9 April with a no charge community event to help residents, businesses and community groups find the best renewable and electric energy solutions available for their needs.
Renewable Brimbank Launch – Saturday 9 April 2022
Take home a complimentary native plant and enjoy a tea or coffee from Hamed’s Persian Kitchen at the 100% Renewable Brimbank launch event on 9 April.
The event will include presentations, workshops and displays on topics including solar panels and batteries, electric heating and cooling appliances, and government rebates to make it all cheaper to do.
Your chance to talk one-on-one with experts
Join us on the day at any time to chat one-on-one with renewable energy experts on:
- Installing solar panels and batteries
- Upgrading your home to all-electric appliances
- Household energy assessments
- Huge saving tips for your energy bill – don’t forget to bring your printed or digital bill for a complimentary savings assessment by Energy Info Hub, with Vietnamese translation included.
WHEN: Saturday 9 April, 10am–1pm
WHERE: St Albans Community Centre (STACC), 33 Princess Street, St Albans
COST: No charge
Register online via Eventbrite.
This event is one of many on the 2022 Brimbank Environmental Events calendar.
Check out more resources, support and financial incentives available to help you make the switch to an all-electric, renewable energy powered home or business via 100% Renewable Brimbank.
Find more Brimbank Environment News.
- Brimbank Mayor, Cr Jasmine Nguyen, is pictured at the St Albans Community Centre checking out a solar panel owned by one of the businesses that will be on hand on Saturday 9 April to answer resident questions about going solar.