An update from the most recent Council Meeting that took place on 20 September 2022.
More information is available at 2022 Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
Financial Statements 2021/2022 and Performance Statement 2021/2022
Council noted and approved, in principle, the Financial Statements 2021/2022 and Performance Statement 2021/2022, prior to forwarding the statements to the Victorian Auditor-General. This is in preparation for the 2021/2022 Annual Report.
The Local Government Act 2020 requires Council to submit for auditing, the Financial Statements 2021/2022 and Performance Statement 2021/2022, to the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office, at the end of the financial year.
The Financial Statements and Performance Statements have been prepared in accordance with all necessary authorities, Acts and Regulations.
Governance Report Sept 2022
Council considered a summary of recent Governance activity.
This included a report on the exercise of delegated authority, Councillor Representatives and delegates reports from committees and records of informal meetings of Councillors.
In addition Council:
- Approved ‘in principle’ the 2021/2022 Financial Statements and Performance Statement
- Approved the 2021/2022 Report of Operations and Governance and Management Checklist for exhibition in the Brimbank Annual Report and the Know Your Council website
- Noted the 2021/2022 Audit and Risk Committee Annual Report
- Approved a Grant Application to the Victorian Government’s Universal Design Funding Round 2022 for $500,000 for an upgrade of Kevin Flint Memorial Reserve, Cairnlea in 2023/2024, noting if successful Council will be required to allocate funding of $500,000 in the 2023/2024 Annual Budget
Brimbank Council prepared a report in response to a Notice of Motion at the April 2022 Council Meeting, for a European festival in Keilor.
After calculating the costs of this proposed event to be over $163,000 and considering Council’s role in supporting community events under the Festival and Events Policy and Strategy 2022-2025, Council has recommended that it:
- incorporate a European theme into the Keilor December to Remember event in 2022
- continue to promote the Annual Community Grants Program to local traders, associations and other groups in Keilor and invite them to apply.
This supports the Council Plan 2021-2025 strategic direction and objective of People and Community – A welcoming, safe and supported community – An inclusive place for all.
Notices of Motion
At the Council Meeting on 20 September 2022, four Notices of Motion were carried, which were:
- Brimbank and Aquatic Wellness Centre Fees – raised by Cr Maria Kerr
- Ongoing Fire at the Barro Group’s Sunshine Landfill – raised by Cr Virginia Tachos
- Brimbank Park Access – raised by Cr Virginia Tachos
- Waiver of Penalty Interest – raised by Cr Trung Luu