Council’s Customer Service – Summer frequently asked questions

I’ve seen a snake on my property, can Council help me to remove it?

If you live on private property, please call Council so we can send a professional snake

catcher to assist you.

Council cannot send a snake catcher if:

  • The premises is industrial or commercial
  • The snake’s location is unknown
  • The sighting was more than 30 minutes ago
  • The property’s resident/occupier isn’t home

Council’s snake catching service does not include other reptiles.

The bin at our local park is overflowing and the play equipment is damaged. Can I report this please?

If you notice an overflowing bin or broken play equipment at a park, you can report it to Customer Service via phone or email, though the quickest channel is to use the Report It tool on Council’s website. Visit to make a service request.

I’d like to drop off some things to the Resource Recovery Centre, what are the opening hours please?

The new operating hours are Monday – Friday, from 9am-4pm. The centre is closed on public holidays. You can drop off approved items at no charge on any of these days.

Will my bin be emptied on a public holiday?

Council’s waste collection service will continue to operate on the Australia Day

Public Holiday. If your bin collection is on Good Friday, it will be the next day instead.

Do I get another free hard waste collection now that it’s the New Year?

Every residential household in Brimbank will be able to book one no charge, at call hard waste collection service each financial year (1 July-30 June).

My neighbour is celebrating Chinese New Year and is preparing fireworks in their backyard, can I report this please?

Any celebration where fireworks, including firecrackers will be used must have an event permit from Council.

Please note that within Victoria, fireworks can only be set off by a licenced pyro-technician. Reports of illegal fireworks being discharged should be referred to Victoria Police.

Will Council’s Customer Service Centres be open on Australia Day?

Customer Service Centres are closed on public holidays, however our Keilor and Sunshine Customer Service Centres will be open to assist on regular business days, (Monday to Friday).

I think my pet registration is due for renewal, how do I pay this please?

Registrations must be renewed by 10 April each year. Payments can be made on Council’s website, BPAY or in-person at Sunshine Customer Service Centre or Keilor Customer Service Centre.

I saw an owner not picking up after their dog, is there anything Council can do please?

Animal Management Officers (AMOs) will issue a ‘Notice to Comply’ to any dog owners who don’t pick up after their dog.  Our AMOs  also hand out poo bags and help dog owners understand their responsbilities.

If you can identify the owner, please use Council’s Report It tool by visiting

Is Chinese New Year a Public Holiday in Brimbank?

No, Council Offices will be open on Chinese New Year, which is 1 February 2022.


Related Posts

Copyright © Brimbank City Council

Brimbank City Council acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of this land, the Wurundjeri People, and pays our respects to Elders past and present.